Abirapro 250Mg Tab
PACKING : 1X120
GENERIC NAME : ABIRATERONE ACETATE
What is Abirapro 250 mg ?
Abirapro 250 mg tablets contain the active ingredient Abiraterone Acetate. Abiraterone works by lowering androgen production in the body. Androgens are male hormones that can promote tumor growth in the prostate gland.
How Abirapro can help ?
Abiraterone medication is used along with prednisone to treat men with prostate cancer that has spread to other areas of the body and has not responded to surgical treatment that lowers testosterone levels. This medication is an androgen biosynthesis inhibitor that works by reducing the levels of certain hormones produced by the testes. Abiraterone blocks an enzyme called cytochrome P17, which stops the testes and other tissues in the body making testosterone. This can help slow the growth of prostate cancer or reduce it. Abiraterone acetate is usually prescribed with another medicine called prednisone or prednisolone to lower chances of getting high blood pressure, fluid retention, or having reduced levels of a chemical (potassium) in blood.
How to take Abirapro ?
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. How much to take The recommended dose is 1,000 mg (four tablets) once a day.
Do not take Abirapro with food.
– Take at least two hours after eating and do not eat anything for at least one hour after taking
– Swallow the tablets whole with water. Do not break the tablets.
– It is taken with a medicine called prednisone or prednisolone. Take the prednisone or prednisolone exactly as your doctor has told you.
– You need to take prednisone or prednisolone every day while you are taking Abirapro.
– The amount of prednisone or prednisolone you take may need to change if you have a medical emergency. Your doctor will tell you if you need to change the amount of prednisone or prednisolone you take.
Do not stop taking prednisone or prednisolone unless your doctor tells you to. Your doctor may also prescribe other medicines while you are taking Abirapro and prednisone or prednisolone.