BRISTOL MYRES SQUIB
GENERIC NAME : APIXABAN
Composition: Apixaban (5mg)
Treatment with Eliquis 5 mg Tablet
Eliquis 5 mg Tablet is used for prevention of blood clots. It is used to prevent and treat blood clots forming in the legs, lungs, brain or heart.
Self Care Tips:
- For best results, take Eliquis 5 mg Tablet at the same time every day.
- Eliquis 5 mg Tablet increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, using sharp objects or engaging in contact sports (e.g. football, wrestling).
- Notify your doctor if you see blood in your vomit, urine or stool (black, tarry stools or bright red blood).
- If you are going to have a surgery or dental treatment, you may be asked to stop taking Eliquis 5 mg Tablet temporarily.
- The patient must take certain measures before and while using Eliquis 5 mg Tablet PRto ensure proper treatment and avoid any unreasonable scenario. These include :-
- Eliquis 5 mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.
- Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
- Eliquis 5 mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
- Eliquis 5 mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
- Eliquis 5 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Eliquis 5 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Eliquis 5 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Eliquis 5 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Dose adjustment is not needed in patients with the mild liver disease.
Some of the side effects are :-
How Eliquis Tablet works
Eliquis 5 mg Tablet is a novel oral anticoagulant (NOAC). It works by preventing the formation of blood clots in the body.
How to use Eliquis Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Eliquis 5 mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.