NATCO PHARMA LTD
GENERIC NAME : LENALIDOMIDE
Composition: Lenalidomide 10 MG
Treatment with Lenalid 10mg Capsule
Lenalid 10mg Capsule is used in the treatment of multiple myeloma and lepra reaction.
Self Care Tips :
- You may be monitored with regular blood tests before and during the treatment as lenalidomide may cause a fall in the white blood cells and platelets, required to fight infection and blood clotting.
- Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury and avoid contact with people who have colds or infections.
- You should not donate blood, semen or serum during treatment and for 4 week after the end of treatment.
- You should use proper contraceptive methods at least 4 weeks before, during and until 4 weeks after stopping treatment.
- Woman of childbearing potential will be required to undergo pregnancy tests before, every 4 weeks and after the treatment.
- You should inform your doctor or dentist that you take lenalidomide before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
The patient must take certain measures before and while using Lenalid 10mg Capsule to ensure proper treatment and avoid any unreasonable scenario. These include :-
- Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
- Lenalid 10mg Capsule is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.
- Lenalid 10mg Capsule is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
- Do not drive unless you are feeling well.You may feel dizzy, tired, sleepy, have vertigo or blurred vision after taking Lenalid 10mg Capsule and this may affect your ability to drive.
- Lenalid 10mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Lenalid 10mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Lenalid 10mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Lenalid 10mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Some of the side effects are :-
- Edema (swelling),
- Loss of appetite,
- Decreased white blood cell count,
- Decreased calcium level in blood,
- Weight gain,
- Muscle weakness,
- Blood clots ,
- Dry skin,
- Weight loss,
- Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils),
How Lenalid Capsule works
Lenalid 10mg Capsule modulates the activity of body’s immune system and helps indirectly attacking the cancer cells. It also stops the growth of blood vessels in cancer.
How to use Lenalid Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Lenalid 10mg Capsule may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.