Minirin Melt Tab
FERRING PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
GENERIC NAME : DESMOPRESSIN ACETATE
Composition: (desmopressin tablet)
Treatment with Minirin Melt Tab
Minirin Melt Tab is used in the treatment of diabetes insipidus and bed-wetting.
Self Care Tips :
- Limit the amount of fluids you drink with this medication.
- Minirin Melt Tab can cause low sodium levels in your body. Get regular blood tests done to monitor the levels.
- Talk to your doctor if you have sudden weight gain or swelling in your arms and legs that doesn’t go away.
- Inform your doctor if have an infection, fever, diarrhea, or vomiting.
- You should use proper contraceptive methods at least 4 weeks before, during and until 4 weeks after stopping treatment.
The patient must take certain measures before and while using Minirin Melt Tab to ensure proper treatment and avoid any unreasonable scenario. These include :-
- Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
- Minirin Melt Tab is probably safe to use during pregnancy.
- Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
- Minirin Melt Tab is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.
- Minirin Melt Tab does not usually affect your ability to drive.
- There is limited information available on the use of Minirin Melt Tab in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
- There is limited information available on the use of Minirin Melt Tab in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Some of the side effects are :-
How Minirin Tablet works
Minirin Melt Tab have the same structure as that of the natural hormone vasopressin. Vasopressin lowers the amount of urine and bleeding by constricting (narrowing) the blood vessels which, in turn, prevents the loss of water from the body.
How to use Minirin Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Minirin Melt Tab may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.