Valstead 450Mg Tab
PACKING : 1X2
GENERIC NAME : VALGANCICLOVIR
Composition: Valganciclovir (450mg)
Treatment with Valstead 450 mg Tablet
Valstead 450 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of eye infections by Herpes simplex virus.
- The patient must take certain measures before and while using Valstead 450 mg Tablet to ensure proper treatment and avoid any unreasonable scenario. These include :-
- Valstead 450 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
- Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Valstead 450 mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
- Valstead 450 mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
- Valstead 450 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Valstead 450 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Valstead 450 mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Valstead 450 mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Some of the side effects are :-
- Injection site pain
- Stomach pain
How to use Valstead Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Valstead 450 mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
How Valstead Tablet works
Valstead 450 mg Tablet is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
What if you miss a dose of Valstead Tablet?
If you miss a dose of Valstead 450 mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.