Zytiga 250Mg Tab
JOHNSON & JOHNSON LTD
PACKING : 1X120
GENERIC NAME : ABIRATERONE ACETATE
What is Zytiga ?
Zytiga® is the trade name for the generic drug abiraterone acetate. In some cases. Health care professionals may use the generic name abiraterone acetate when referring to the trade name Zytiga®.
Drug type:Zytiga® is a type of hormone therapy. This medication is classified as an “adrenal inhibitor”.
What Zytiga Is Used For
Zytiga® is indicated for use in combination with prednisone for the treatment of men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer who have already received prior chemotherapy containing docetaxel.
Note: If a drug has been approved for one use, physicians may elect to use this same drug for other problems if they believe it may be helpful.
How it Is Given
- Zytiga® is a pill, taken by mouth. It is taken once a day.
- It must be taken on an empty stomach (take the pill at least 2 hours after a meal, and do not eat for at least 1 hour after taking the pill)
- It should be taken at approximately the same time each day.
- Prednisone [10mg daily] should be taken along with Zytiga®.
- The amount of medicine you receive depends on many factors. Your doctor will determine your dose and schedule
- Most people will not experience all of the Zytiga® side effects listed.
- Zytiga® side effects are often predictable in terms of their onset, duration, and severity.
- Zytiga® side effects are almost always reversible and will go away after therapy is complete.
- Zytiga® side effects may be quite manageable. There are many options to minimize or prevent the side effects of Zytiga®.
The following side effects are common (occurring in greater than 30%) for patients taking Zytiga®:
These side effects are less common (occurring in 10-29%) side effects for patients receiving Zytiga®: